Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet going slower then meant to be

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

hi i got bigpond internet a little while ago and so did my cousin he got 12 gig 1.4 meg per sec and i got the 25 1 meg per sec package nowwhen i do a speed test i get around 7888 but when i download max download speed is 176kb i did another speed test and like before around 7888 so i / by 8 and got 999 or something like that when i download from mocrosoft.com download speed of 999 like it meant to be and same at my cousins house anything we download from microsoft.com downloads at the right speed when i download from bigpond 550kb its meant to be 1 meg all the time what wrong with it.
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

Hi i am not known,

The speed of your downloads is influenced by several factors, one of them being the speed offered by the site yoiu connect to. The problem may not be at your end. It is also common for servers to offer certain download speeds at an average. This means there will be times of the day when the speed they offer is what you might expect and other high-traffic times when they can't keep up. Try downloading at different times of the day. Also, you might call bigpond and ask them why there are these discrepancies?

Zllio

#3 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

Thankyou I think after days of wondering that just about covers it. so your saying even though i have a download speed off 1meg only well known sites will have the upload that is needed there fore the other site that don't have the right upload will force my internet slower

Edited by i am not known, 05 December 2008 - 01:16 AM.

I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:23 AM

Right. The speed you can download at depends not only on your capabilities (which you should be able to verify with your Internet Provider), but on those of the website you're downloading from. Also, some of the newer security suites can be bulky and scan everything. One suggestion made here was to download anything you want to a certain folder, and then, before you open it ( or install it, play it, or unzip it), do an individual scan of the downloaded file after you've downloaded it but before you've opened it. This generally takes a very short time.

Check if your download speed is different at different times of the day.

Zllio

#5 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

thankyou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users