Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sexington

Sexington

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:50 AM

Hello all,

I just bought a sexy new system including just about the top of the line parts, after installing all the individual parts, Windows, drivers and all, everything worked fine.

After a few days, my video output was garbage looking, all sorts of horizontal blinds and garbage numbers and colors were output to the screen, even in BIOS!! After a manual jump to reset the BIOS, still garbage, I even reformatted the drives and reinstalled Windows and the drivers (updated), I got the same ugly screen.

My thought right now is that my video card is damaged somehow but before I ship it back to ATI, I'd like to know if there is anything else I can do to make sure that this is a video card problem or ... is it something else that I could fix myself.

Thanks a ton
Lance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:39 AM

Hi, Lance, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

That sounds suspiciously like a video card gone bad to me. Do you have a spare video card lying around that you can test with?

#3 Sexington

Sexington
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:06 PM

hey Herk,

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to do a switch and see if that is what is causing this problem.

Thanks for the reply

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:59 AM

You're welcome. Let us know how it works out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users