Bleeping Computer Contest Information:
As of today, November 28th 2008, BleepingComputer.com's HP Magic Giveaway contest is officially underway. The contest will be closed on December 4th 2008 at 8 PM Eastern and the winner announced later that night. The purpose of this contest is to celebrate generosity and the spirit of giving. This incredible prize package was designed to be shared with other people or organizations who could benefit from a new computer. With such a harsh global economy, people losing their jobs, and having the holiday season upon us, we have decided that the winner must share a portion of their prize. Whether it be to an out of work friend who needs a new computer, a local charity, or a school, we felt that that with a prize package this large paying it forward would be the right thing to do.
The rules are fairly simple, and we have gone into more details below. In summary, our winner will be chosen at random and announced on December 4th 2008 after 8 PM Eastern. That winner must share the prize with at least one other recipient. They must then post to this thread the story of how they shared their prize. Hopefully this will continue to inspire the magic of sharing. Please note, depending on available time, we may use the equipment in order to review it. This equipment will be in pristine shape and at factory defaults before it is sent to any winner.
Good luck and have fun with the contest!
Terms and Conditions and Rules:
- The sole winner of the Prize package will be awarded at random.
- The purpose of this contest is to spread a little magic into people's lives during the holidays. With that said, the prize package must be shared with at least one worthy recipient or cause. It is up to you how much of the package you wish to share, and we hope you share more than one item, but at least one computer must be given to another person or organization.
- After receiving the award, the winner must send the story describing how they shared the gift. Photos are not required, but will enhance your story, so feel free to send them. With the story, you give us your express permission to post the story and any accompanying material. If you would not like us to post your real names, please let us know, or do not include them in the story.
- The recipient of the prize, and the people you intend to share the magic with, must provide a complete name, shipping address, and phone number that can be used to ship the award. We will ship the prize package to yourself and to the other recipients. PO Boxes will not be permitted.
- Do not enter the contest with multiple accounts. Anyone who is caught doing so will have all of their entries removed.
- If you won a prize package from one of the other sites involved in this promotion, you will become ineligible.
- Depending on the value of the prize, you may be required to fill out a W-9 form. This form will be sent directly to the sponsor of the contest.
- You must be a member of the site in order to enter the contest. Membership is free and you can create your account here.
- Staff are ineligible for this contest.
- The winner will have 72 hours from notification to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim the prize, we will award it to a 2nd place finisher.
To enter the contest simply go here and click on the HP Magic Giveaway contest link:
Prize Package Contents:
For more detailed pictures and information you can visit the BleepingComputer HP Magic Giveaway information page.
- HP TouchSmart IQ816 PC with Microsoft Vista
- HP HDX 18 series Premium Notebook PC with Microsoft Vista
- HP Pavillion dv4-1145go series Entertainment Notebook PC
- HP Mini 1000 with XP
- HP MediaSmart Connect
- HP Photoshmart C6380 Wireless AIO Printer
- HP 564 Photo Value Pak
- Microsoft Home and Student Edition 2007
- Microsoft Windows Live
- Corel VideoStudio X2
- Kung Fu Panda (2 widescreen DVDs and 1 widescreen Blu-ray disc)
What makes this contest so interesting, is not only will Bleeping Computer be involved in the contest, but so will 49 other Blogs and Sites representing technology enthusiasts, college students, female bloggers, and Spanish and Portuguese speakers. For more information about the prizes and the sites, you can visit HP's Magic Giveaway page. Formore information about the contest at BleepingComputer.com, you can visit our HP Magic Giveaway Contest landing page.
A list of all of the participating sites can be found below:
Though I cannot reveal any of the details of the other contests, I can tell you that this is going to be a very interesting and magical contest for a lot of people. Please stay tuned and check back on the front page for more announcements in the near future about this contest.
Edited by Grinler, 04 December 2008 - 03:48 PM.