Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freeze at every software freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

Description:

if a program i run is freezing, the whole computer freezes to the point where i can't input anything except Alt-Control-Delete but if i chose "Task Manager" it does not open on the front, but i can see it on the taskbar, i can even see the vista sidebar ticking but i cannot contol anything that happens.

it only happens when a program enters an infinite loop (or becoming idle any other way)...
when i program, and my program freezes, i have to restart the computer (sometimes clicking log-off on the Alt-Control-Delete works, but sometimes it doesn't)
since i like to program, i can't restart the computer every time my program freezes, and it is a huge hassle to restart the pc every time my computer freezes

i already tried fixing the registry with tuneup registry scanner and i thought about system restore but it turns out i don't have any system restore points

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Are you using a lot of resources? If you enable error reporting instead of a constant loop, it should give you an error message that you can post here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709644.aspx

Edited by garmanma, 24 November 2008 - 09:42 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

i'm not using a lot of resources at all, i've closed everything i had open except the anti-virus(nod32).
my computer is not old or weak, this shouldn't happen normally.
error reporting is already enabled

Edit:
i found a temporary solution, i wrote a program that kills the foreground window when i click F11, so every time the computer freezes i click f11 and it responds and kills the foreground window and the computer returns to normal... how come the computer can intercept the F11 but cannot show me the task manager when i click Control-Shift-Esc or when i select the Task Manager in the Alt-Control-Delete Menu (that does show up for some reason).

This problem is really odd... i can usually fix any computer issue i get but this one is a really weird one...

Thanks in advance for the help :huh:

Edited by ShadowBeast, 25 November 2008 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users