Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:18 AM
I am running Windows XP Pro SP2
About 3 days ago I loaded IE7. Nice browser, liked the features. I happened to check history and there were 5 or 6 sex (and other) sites listed (history doesn't seem to give times). I had not visted these sites. I cleared history, checked and they were gone. A couple of days later, they were back (I had not visited).
I ran regedit and searched for the name of one of them (closetmonster.com) and nothing found.
I ran Hijack-this, no errors or strange entries found (to my untrained eyes). Someone suggested running ComboFix (latest version). I did, I have the log. Can somebody help decipher it. or recommend a course of action. I didn't want to post it in the wrong place.
I nearly forgot, since deleting the history (befire Hijack-This and ComboFix) opening any Microsoft Office app is VERY slow (1-2 minutes for Outlook etc...)