Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Extremely Busy on Startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sullivanradley

sullivanradley

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

I recently bought an HP Pavilion AMD Phenom with 8GB RAM running Windows Vista. For a full 10 minutes, right after restart, my hard drive starts writing to a System Volume Information file, which is a very long file name that begins with "{". Is this normal activity? I've been searching the internet for days and days for information on this, to no avail. I keep running across folks talking about the lastalive1.dat, Search index, and Superfetch being possible culprits. Just yesterday, I downloaded HijackThis for the first time, to help me better analyze the situation. I apologize ahead of time if my etiquette sucks; I'm new to submitting these log files ... and I'm new to seeking forum help. I was curious about what "(file missing)" means in my HijackThis log. Oh yeah, I'm used to dealing with the quirks of XP, not Vista. Anyway, I'm gonna attach my HijackThis log.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hello sullivanradley,

Posted Image

Sorry about the delay.:thumbsup: If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users