Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Alert, Unable To Boot In Safe Mode. Now Won't Load Windows Fully.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Geebsie

Geebsie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

I'm thankfully able to post this from my Mac as my PC has died...which I shall now explain...I'm running XP Professional with SP3 and was watching a video online from sidereel.com (in FireFox) when my security centre popped up an alert telling me my automatic updates were turned off.

I fired up my Ad-Aware to see what was what and my computer died. Upon rebooting, the security centre told me the firewall and auto updates were now turned off (despite the firewall being on in the actual security centre), my Command Anti-virus then popped up telling me I had an infection of which the file was listed as "TDSSNPUR.DLL" and from what I can remember of the other info it said "W32" "trojan.KA (I think)" - sorry this can't be more specific but I'll get to that in a jiffy. The alerts were popping up very quickly and with the same details.

I then attempted to re-boot in safe mode to run malwarebytes or to have a look and see if I could manually delete it but safe-mode just loaded up a blank screen and froze.

I then tried re-loading windows (after finding this forum) in the hope the alerts would pop up again and I'd be able to give you more details. Unfortunately, my toolbar on bootup seems completely useless and won't load at all - not even to shut down the computer.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users