Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free pdf format convert software

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

Is there a recommended free utility to convert a pdf into a jpg or bmp type file? I need to print a pdf that was not formatted correctly and I would like to try working with a jpg or bmp to make it readable.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

These convert to Word. Don't know if they will help -

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&c...vision&cd=3

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Justa

Justa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

Thanks rowal555,

I have already done Google searches like this but was hoping that I could get a recommendation from somebody who has used the software that works well for them. Often software described as being free turns out to be trial software, clear only after installing, works poorly or sometimes even may have a malicious intent. It is both time consuming and every time a program is installed or uninstalled there is a risk of having system type issues that take more time to correct.

Does anyone have first hand experience with a free pdf converter they know to be good?

Edited by Justa, 24 November 2008 - 08:57 AM.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Sorry Justa. I haven't used these myself but other members have and have put them forward. You will find some under Office Applications and possibly more if you are prepared to browse through a lot of pages-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Good luck.

PS. Found this one which gets good reviews, but again no personal knowledge. You may find more by searching for PDF at this site. http://www.freewarefiles.com/PDF-XChange-V...gram_28984.html

FWIW. I use the free Foxit PDF Reader, and you can print very easily with this.

Edited by rowal5555, 24 November 2008 - 07:09 PM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#5 Justa

Justa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

Thanks again rowal555,

I really do appreciate the help. I have learned so much here and have changed all my security software and many other applications for better programs. I also picked up on Foxit PDF reader here, they do offer a converter capable of bmp and jpg image formats but it is a trial version only. I like your link for PDF-XChange as it appears to be capable of converting to image format.

I will check it out!

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:00 PM

Always good to hear Justa. That's what BC is all about, helping each other, as we are all learning every day.

If you find something that does explicitly what you want, consider posting it in Freeware Replacements so others can benefit too.

Cheers.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#7 Justa

Justa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

"If you find something that does explicitly what you want, consider posting it in Freeware Replacements so others can benefit too."

PDF-XChange Viewer free version does indeed do conversions from PDF to many different image formats. So far it is working great. I will post it Freeware Replacements after I have used it a while longer to see if any issues show up. This will be a great tool.

Thanks again rowal5555!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users