Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If you know anything about programming robots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

I'm really getting into the idea of programming robots. Well... sorta. I want to buy a system that is portable and that I can program to do many things. Some of the things I would like to do? I want to be able to output to a basic LCD screen (like a clock), power some motors, etc. Things you would like to try your hand at do-it-your-selfing. I want to buy a very flexible... motherboard thing... that can do this for me. I've dealt with XBC's in the Botball program, but they don't seem flexible enough. What I want is basically hardware that I can write a program for it to do anything. i.e. the XBC would not roll because it does not have an internal clock nor does it let you control the refresh rate of its sensors and motors. Something VERY flexible. Think of a programmable RC airplane or something along those lines. Thanks so much in advance, I'm anxious to get out and try this.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hmm.. might I suggest the OOPic
http://www.oopic.com/
or the BASIC Stamp?
http://www.parallax.com/

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

at univeristy, we are currently working with the PIC 16F877. It has several registers, you can control the internal and activate/control 2 external clocks, etc. It is quite flexible IMO
Posted Image

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

Thanks, I'll try those out
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users