Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What programming Language should I start with?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 r4d1c4l

r4d1c4l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:36 PM

Well ok, I can do HTML with my eyes closed, and my hands tied around my back and I know a little Java script, but what i wanna do is move on

What language should I go onto now? Your probly gonna ask, What do type of programming do you want to do? Well any

whats a very easy language that is very effective? Maybe VB? or C? post here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

C++

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:42 AM

Absolutely C++. I realise this is perhaps the more difficult of programming languages, but if you master this, all others will be fairly easy. Difficult is perhaps the wrong word here, so don't get me wrong; there is just more minutiae.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 10:35 AM

Most commercial mainstream applications are written in c++ with assembly thrown in for the routines that require extra speed.

Once you get into the freeware/shareware utility realms VB comes more into play.

For web programming, PHP is the dominant language for *NIX webservers. ASP is dominant for IIS webservers. Javascript plays an important part in both as it enables you to manipulate the browser and make more interactive features.

Shockwave/Flash if you want to do online media type programming.

Hope this helps.

As jgweed said, C++ is a strong language to learn. Learning that will enable you to code in PHP pretty well right off the bat and introduce you to important concepts that almost all langages use.

#5 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

C++, PERL, and shell scripting. PHP is good to learn if you're going to design websites. Visual Basic is nice to know ( i call it "point&click" programming)

And as a side note..a healthy dose of assembly will do you good :thumbsup:

mov eax, 4
mov ebx, 1
mov ecx, msg
mov edx, 13
int 0x80

:flowers: huh? :trumpet:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#6 r4d1c4l

r4d1c4l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:03 AM

Ok c++ it is, how would i get started with this?? Buy a book? I am so Lost

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:18 AM

I would suggest you first do a Google search for c++; there is a wealth of information on it, including some sites for relative beginners; you can get a "feel" for the language, and find out what you need in the way of tools.
If you still wish to proceed, then the best way (outside of formal instruction) is to check out the books available and find one that seems to approached the subject in a way you can understand. Look for one with a lot of program listings---many come with disks that have the assembler and programs on it. The only way to really learn a langauge is to start coding right away, run the program, and debug it; as you learn more routines, create programs (even simple ones in the beginning) on your own.
Regards,
John

#8 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:56 AM

ok i realy want to learn how to take passwords :thumbsup: i know its rong but i go on this game called www.cokemusic.com and ppl scam and hack each other with scams and key loggers wich i got hacked with it tiked me off its a 3d online chat u make ur owen room and fill it with furni and i would like to know how to hack passwords and if possable make graphics thats what ive wanted to do for a long time make atleast 1 amazing graphic and what is C++ what does it do or what is it for :flowers:
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:43 AM

I dare say you will not get much help from anyone HERE with your hacking attempts because it is wrong and we all know it and therefore will not help you even though you had it done to you and that is the chance you take when you use any online public chat rooms where you don't know everyone and find out that you can't trust peeps.
OK. C++ the the programming language everyone uses for making programs and applications and games which means it tells a computer what to do when the program is finished tested and then run and there are many good books to help you learn how to use it and also thousands of articles and information on the internet which you can search for using Google or Clusty for example but remember that creating programs is hard work and even more so is making the graphics that are used in games because you have to write both in very precise languages and order.
C++ is a high level programming language that translates instructions into machine language which is what the computer understands not english which you use to write an organized list of instructions which the computer then executes and does stuff.
Cheers,
John

#10 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the help on c++ just check out www.CokeMusic.com and tell me if you think they used c++ for there site you seem to know alot about C++ have you mastered it yet?

#11 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:34 PM

The page is done in Javascript; the games appear to be Flash.
I know COBOL and some C++ as well as MS VB. If you play any on-line games like SWG, these are most likely coded in C++.
Cheers,
John

#12 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:15 PM

What type of games and C++ books cost alot of money im might try and learn Paskel i think thats the name. My friend has a book on it he got for free in this enrichment thing he whent to. Are you furmilair with Paskel?

Tj

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

Pascal i think its spelled. I used to know that...its been so long.

#14 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:35 PM

Learning any programming language is a good thing even something as relatively outmoded as PASCAL, (or BASIC) since most languages are similar therefore learning one makes leaning the others easier buut leaning any language makes your mind more logical and thus helps your thinking OK I know that C++books are expensive so if you have used bookstores where you live you might want to check them out many times you can get a fat tome for way under half price just make sure it has the compiler, etc. included on the disk included I bought a COBAL book at one store for 2 dollars or check the web there are compilers there and you could always just take a look at some of the articles and information on C++ you find there or you could also learn HTML which is really easy and design your own web pages and HTML is SORTA like a programning language it would help you later there were some games on a tab at the site you gave me and I checked them out quickly and they looked like FLASH but I didn't have time to really look at them do you have a sister and is she called Isis if you are serious about learning programming either for fun or for a career you will have to spend some time with it because doing a really good programme takes a lot of time, effort, and experience especially if you are doing animated graphics as well just remember that you can only learn how to programme by actually sitting down and coding and testing it yourself and learning by your mistakes and also by following the code written by others and seeing how it does what it does I forgot to mention that you could probably find books on C++ at your public library and check one of those out and you would soon find out if programming was for you and whether you wanted to go on with it though the PASCAL book I suppose would do that so nevermind what I said about the library.
Cheers,
John

#15 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:07 PM

Yeh i might not learn C++ because i am younger then you think yet Pascel would probly be eisear to start with then work my way then to just start with something difficult. Yes i would like to have a carrer in cpmuter's. The website i gave you does have Flash on it but it is used with other things to because it is used buy many ppl there is a company called Zulake that made that game and www.HabboHotel.com wich you have to pay to get money and stuff on it its a pretty fun game its like $200 us for 500credits in money on that site but the money cost gets lower for less credits.

Tj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users