Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with avi files in WMP but not in QT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lagunaverde2000

lagunaverde2000

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

Suddenly I'm experiencing some problems with video files. I try to play them on WMP or in Picasa and the programs can't do it. Sometimes although they can?? With Quick Time I doný experience any problem playing those files. The WMP don't give me any problem specification so I really don't know what is it about. Thanks

Laguna verde

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gryphonic

Gryphonic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

With so little info its difficult to appreciate your problem exactly. Do you have a range of codecs installed?
If not try here

#3 lagunaverde2000

lagunaverde2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Yes, I know there isn't much information but the thing was like that. I use to see videos in Picasa (Im talking about personal videos, nothing from internet) but since yestarday, I can't see any videos either in Picasa or in Windows Media Player. When I try to see them in WMP, it appers "El Reproductor de Windows Media encontró un problema al reproducir el archivo. Para obtener ayuda adicional, haga clic en Ayuda en la Web." without specifying any error code. Although when I see the videos in QT I have no troubles, so I don't understand where is the problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the DivX codecs so I suppose that's not the problem right now. Thanks for your help

Laguna Verde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users