Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2008

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DWK

DWK

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hi,
I have a computer infected with Antivirus 2008. I can't get on line with this computer. This rogue program will not let me. I am sure I can download to another computer. My question is, how do I get Malwarebytes' Anti- Malware loaded onto the infected computer. I am running Windows XP on both computers. Please help!
DW :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

You can use a USB Pen drive or a CD to collect the exe and the updates on the clean machine then do the transfer but be sure to disinfect the Pen or the CD AFTER it has been in the infected computer else BOTH will be infected ( or if worried, even chuck it )
Hope that helps you
:thumbsup:

#3 DWK

DWK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

Okay,
I downloaded mbam-setup exe. Burned it to a CD, put the CD in the infected computer but the rouge program will not allow it to open. Any ideas?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

try this ,
from

HERE

If you got them downloaded rename the setup file then try installing them again.

Right click the mbam-setup.exe file> click rename> rename it something.exe then try to run it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users