Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 superbar

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Superbar.. (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Like it or Not?

1. Yes like it (100%) (21 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Like, but it can be improved (75%) (15 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Hmm..Yes and No (50%) (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Not very, old taskbar was better (25%) (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

5. I hate it, it was awful.NO WAY (0%) (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Hello,What do you think about new "SuperBar" --> http://lifehacker.com/5075076/new-windows-...re-look-awesome ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

I like it, but you can always improve :huh:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

It's nice. Especially when you have two or more Word docs open, or internet explorer pages; it's easy to switch between them. Also the ability to just click at the very right of the taskbar to 'show desktop'

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

I don't like it - but I didn't like Windows when it came out either.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

Heck, I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate. $320.00 Yes, I got two OS disk, 32 bit and 64 bit, but , XP was good, except the Audio. Audio is why I upgraded to Vista. What else is an upgrade with 7?
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#6 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

Best is that, Windows 7 support and will support ALL Windows Vista SP1 Drivers, which function properly..And Its will be more faster than Windows 5 and 6 (XP&VISTA), interface will be refreshed, Windows will be more friendlier to your devices with Sync 2.0 !! An other features(About Sync 2, they add this feature in RC's)

#7 Zen00

Zen00

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

Heck, I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate. $320.00 Yes, I got two OS disk, 32 bit and 64 bit, but , XP was good, except the Audio. Audio is why I upgraded to Vista. What else is an upgrade with 7?

I hear that it will have support for multi-touch. As far as anything else goes, I hope it increases tablet pc functionaility.

Too bad about vista, there's a full copy of ultimate at my CC that's shutting down for 160$.

I wonder if it will use less resources than Vista.

Edited by Zen00, 07 December 2008 - 07:34 PM.

This space will eventually have something very cool to fill it up, but not right now.

#8 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:03 AM

I hear that it will have support for multi-touch. As far as anything else goes, I hope it increases tablet pc functionaility.

Too bad about vista, there's a full copy of ultimate at my CC that's shutting down for 160$.

I wonder if it will use less resources than Vista.

$160.00 Oh God Half the price I Paid?%$#@!
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#9 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

in my country -Which is Latvia Vista costs 100 Eiro

#10 Preying to the Comp Gods

Preying to the Comp Gods

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

looks pretty cool,

but theyre just building on apples ideas, with all those brains at microsoft youd think they could come up with something mindblowing
Kick the computer

it's fun

#11 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:08 AM

looks pretty cool,

but theyre just building on apples ideas, with all those brains at microsoft youd think they could come up with something mindblowing

What does the new 'superbar' have anything to do with Microsoft copying Apple? Do you not realize that many companies bank off others success inorder to improve on their own success. Go into a clothing store with graphics tee's and you will notice that all the companies will have similar designs ext. Car companies: Ford introduces 0% interest off car loans, two weeks later GM has the same deal. NO matter what 'new' features Microsoft will introduce people are going to say they are copying Apple. Do you not think Apple isn't copying Microsoft? If you think not you are crazy.

#12 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, i love it. I like the pinning feature implemented.
Posted Image

#13 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

I think Windows dont copy anything which have apple(only gadgets(which is widgets in apple)

#14 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

yer, it looks good, but i hope the price range is a bit more realistic,,, for the price of vista ultimate you can get a half decent laptop,,, i have had muggings that took less,,,,lol
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#15 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hello,What do you think about new "SuperBar" --> http://lifehacker.com/5075076/new-windows-...re-look-awesome ??

Hmmm I watched the video and I guess if you're going to have the little window preview pop up then you should be able to click on it to switch to the window. What occurs to me is, with Windows having the Taskbar and Start Button for all these years they never thought to put it on the Right Hand Side so right handed people could click on it without moving the mouse all the way over to the left!! If you drag the Taskbar over to the right, the Start Button goes to the top ... so you have to move your mouse all the way up the screen... Rather unbelievable they haven't made the position adjustable in all this time. :huh:

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users