Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba laptop issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

ok I am fixing my friends toshiba laptop: Qosmio F45-AV413 Vista Home Premium. So I booted up the laptop and then I got a error. So I booted back up with the recovery disc that came with the laptop. It starts loading and then I get a message that says HDD can't be intialized, intialize hdd and restart the installer. So my first thought is the hdd is corrupted. Well this laptop has 2x 120 gb sata hdd's. So I hooked up both to my desktop to see if there were any issues with the hdd. Both are fine I was able to copy all docs/pics ext. to my storage hdd. So knowing that both hdd's are fine I rebooted the laptop and stuck one of my Vista discs in and installed it without a key just to see if it would install. It installed fine and works without an issue. So I know it's not the hdd. So I rebooted the laptop with the toshiba install disc and still same issue. What the heck is this issue? HDD can't be intialized, intialize hdd. If I can't get this to work soon I might just use one of my Vista discs to install on the laptop, with the laptops key. However I rather use the manufacture discs since thats the whole point of having them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

hi,, just a thought, are the discs origanal ones from toshiba or the type you mmke when first switcing on your pc,,,,, as i have noticed that with the discs you make your self hardly ever work properly,,, which is a fat lot of use,,, use your vista disc and then use the product key off the toshiba laptop,,, this should work,,, as its the key thats important not the disc,,, the disc will carry all versions of vista, and its the product key that determines which version it will install.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

Nope the discs are unmoddified. The only reason I wanted to use the manufacturer disc is because in the future if this girl has an issue with her laptop and when th manufacturer disc doesn't work I don't want her to have her take it to a repair place where they will charge her up the yingyang to fix her computer, like every repair place. That's why they have people like you and me that know alot about computers and do it just cuz I like working/fixing computers :-p.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

hi,,, yer they like to charge for very think,,,, the way i am led to beleive,,, all factory discs are the same,,, they have every version of the os on them and its the product key that decides which version is installed,,, this being so,,, you, in theory should be able to use any genuine vista disc and use her product key to load the os and all should be ok,,,,, i have not tried this yet,,,lol
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

Oh I know it will work hah. I did this to install Vista on my Amd rig. I bought a full version of Vista x64 and I also have a upgrade of Vista x32 so I did a custom install with the x32 and used my key from my full version of x64 and worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users