Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect Windows Vista to a wireless network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frozenfire03

frozenfire03

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:15 AM

Hi guys,

It's my first time to post a topic here, but i am not a newbie to BC.. I am Jerald, IT head in a hardware company. I want to share my problem to all you readers..
I have a desktop computer that has a internet connection, or let's say it is my server.. I am using D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router which has an IP Address 192.168.1.1. This router is not a wireless router. I bought a wireless router named Linkysys.. I configured it using Automatic Configuration -DHCP, with a router name WRT54G.. i used the D-link router ip address as it's gateway (192.168.1.1). I disabled the DHCP server.. in other words, i am using a 2 router, a non-wireless connected directly to my desktop computer and a wireless router connected to that D-LINK broadband router..I tested the connection using Windows XP laptop and by then it works.. I can connect to my wireless network and browse the internet.. On the properties of my loptop wireless network i configured it as "obatain IP address automatically and "Used the Following DNS Server' i used Preferred DNS: 124.217.127.238 and Alternate DNS: 202.138.128.54. I click on the "ADVANCED" button and add a gateway using my D-LInk router IP address 192.168.1.1. Suddenly one of our customers want to connect in our wirless network.. He is carrying a Windows Vista laptop.. I connect it to linksys wireless network but i can't connect to internet. obviously it has an X on its connection to the internet. But if i look on it's wireless connection it says IT WAS CONNECTED, and it displays EXCELLENT on it's status.. I wonder why i can't connect and browse the internet..

Please help me how to configure it, no problem with windows xp..it's on vista alone..

Thank

Jerald

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

i'm a little confused on the last part.....so it did connect to the network but you can't browse the inet......
Posted Image

#3 frozenfire03

frozenfire03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

yes, i did connect to the network.. but i can't browse the internet.. i don't know why..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users