Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adult_chat.exe spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tommygun

tommygun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

Is anyone here familiar with this adult_chat.exe spyware? and how to remove it? I get this pop up every time i re-start my computer? I tried a lot of spy removal software but can't seem to remove this. All the files that some sites suggest to delete aren't found anywhere on my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

Sophos adult_chat.exe

Sophos search results for above.

Please submit the virus here click on the "Mail All Virus Sample" as you may have a new variant

Try downloading a couple of virus scanners via rescueme and see it that helps to clean up the infection, if possible run the scanners in safe-mode.

Run HijackThis and post the log in this section of the forum a expert will look at your log and help you clean up your PC.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:11 PM

tommygun,

I split off and moved your log into the HJT Forum for proper attention.

You will find it here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/_ad...tml#entry108695
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users