Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

images and video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eatxc07

eatxc07

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hi this is my first post and iam a bit of a novice ....I have a problem in that suddenly when images are downloading from a particular page for example face book they down load slow and also when i try watching a video on you tube any video plays for about 30 secs then stops and doesnt go any further.This happens every time ...Everthing has been fine before..Iam using xp and have tried a different browser(mozilla) but still the same..If i use my laptop on the same router instead of pc then everything is fine...Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:07 AM

Have you scanned for viruses and malware? What type of protection do you have?

#3 KirstyN

KirstyN

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

Is it only certain sites that the images are downloading slowly from? What happens when you download a regular file from a fast server?

If your download rates are sagging in general, it's not out of the question to assume that you may be experiencing a patchy service from your ISP. But if it's restricted to only certain pages, it could be a number of things. Are any scripts being loaded behind the scenes? Spyware and malware can cause problems with attempted re-directs.

Check out your Event Viewer on the troublesome pages for an idea of what's causing the problem during the page load.

#4 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for all your help...Looks like the avg scan has cured the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users