Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Refreshing web pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deloa2

deloa2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:03 PM

I have an ASP page for my web customers to visit their account (My Account); this page loads their information posting any updates in the page depending on the customer's ID.

I have found many customers that have problems "seeing" the latest updates posted.

I think the problem is related to temporary files already loaded in their PC; I'd advise them to delete them from their browser. Now some of them already told me they are still having the same problem; is it possible or could be that they didn't do it [delete the files] correctly?

Wondering if there might be a code tag or a script, preferably in ASP, otherwise in javascrip that will force them to upload the most current version of the page, which should overwrite any version of the page already in their systems?

I'd appreciate your advise...

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

Here you go:
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="Expires" content="-1">
</head>

and in asp:
<% Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" %>>
<% Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache" %>
<% Response.Expires = -1 %>

Edited by HuckerJ, 05 August 2004 - 06:43 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 deloa2

deloa2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:10 PM

Thank you HuckerJ!

I'll try it... I'm assuming I could use either one (one is in html and the other one in asp?) and not both.

Thanks again!

#4 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:54 AM

You should still be able to use both if you wanted. Put the html in the <head> and the ASP part in the <% %>.

Edited by HuckerJ, 06 August 2004 - 05:58 AM.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users