Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help - rootkit.bagle infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sach_160

sach_160

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

hi,

i have a rootkit.bagle infection and a trojan.agent infection. i have tried to run numerous anti spyware, anti virus, etc stuff i've found online, but nothing has worked. and any programs do not run with a "xx is not a valid win32 application" message. this evil thing has also killed my mobile broadband internet connection, and i can't connect to the internet (so i'm in a cafe at the moment).

i've seen people have kindly helped with this virus before on this forum and am hoping someone else will kindly do so... i would just follow another post's guidance but the post specificxally says not to use combifix if you dont know what you're doing, and the rules say not to post a combifix log until asked.

i found these 2 infections using a malware remover malwarebytes, and removed them but they just reappear again.

please can someone help?

also, if im asked to upload any logs etc, is it safe to transfer a log to an external hard drive and then onto another pc (as my internet connection is virus ko-ed) to upload, or will i be transerring the virus around? also is it safe to use my mobile broadband stick on another pc, or is it virused too (it has software on it for auto installation)?

Edited by sach_160, 22 November 2008 - 01:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

The tools needed to remove this are only available thru the HiJackThis team.
Please follow these instructions..Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
Post the complete log here HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal and Not in this thread. Clicck on New topic,give the post a relevant title and copy/paste the log.
If you have further questions on this ask them here.

Please see post #2 here to run Flash_Disinfector to clean the flash drive.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ash+disinfector

Edited by boopme, 22 November 2008 - 09:45 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users