Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is SQL Browser Service EXE?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tenacious d-store

tenacious d-store

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

I recently downloaded a free trial version of Microsoft Office. I have McAfee SiteAdvisor so I know I didn't down load a malicious imitation. But now I keep getting this pop up from my firewall. I'm afraid to allow it because I'm not sure what it is. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help or offer information. I use windows XP and firefox if that matters.

Posted Image

Edited by tenacious d-store, 22 November 2008 - 12:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hi tenacious d-store,

It's a legitimate program.

See this: http://www.file.net/prozess/sqlbrowser.exe.html

Generally I allow things if something I want to use doesn't function without allowing it.

Zllio

#3 tenacious d-store

tenacious d-store
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, but the last time I accepted something that I was unfamiliar with I ended up with some nasty virus and malware (thanks again miekiemoes). I just wanted to be sure. I have continuously denied this one but it will pop up again. A side from running a little slower than usual, my comp seems fine though. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users