Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2009 Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 poorbugger

poorbugger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

Hi, I've read and followed just about every instruction on how to remove AntispywareXP 2009 but I'm still having a serious problem with both IE and Firefox, neither will allow me to go to a legitimate Spyware site such as Malwarebytes or Superspyware - even bleepingcomputers is blocked I can only access this forum on my notebok or MAC, my infected desktop computer is completely pooched. I even went out to buy new CA Security Suite 2009 but the problem won't allow the program to register so I can install and run the software, but won't remove it because it say's its not registered or activated. When the software tries to register it returns an error about not being connected, however I can have the browser open and be surfing any other site. This is truly frustrating!!! Does anyone have any ideas on how I can manually remove the virus or simply change the browser setting to allow me to register my software or get to the malwarebytes site. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
PB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

Sorry it's taken so long for a response

Can you download the MBAM installer and manual defintions and SDFix to a usb jump drive for transfer to the infected computer

Start with SDFix and then follow with MBAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry948242

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users