Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic DHCP not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Here is the situation.

We have a router that is not assigning DHCP address. IF we goto the 2626 switch before the verizon routers than we can get a DHCP address. This is the last place before we hit the verizon routers, I than bypass the verizon router and go to the 2626 and CANNOT get an automatic DHCP address. So that leads me to believe there is an issue within the verizon routers or at the DHCP server. However Verizon says it is not their router, it is either in our configuration or the DHCP server. So we got a hold of someone to goto the DHCP server and we began sniffing packets with wireshark. I than got a reply saying that the DHCP requests reach our pots-srv, however there is not a response, so they believe it is within our network somewhere.

It may be possible since it is going through the router and reaching our pots-srv that it is within the PMG (managment console) but we are going to be looking into the situation and checking our server configurations, so my question to you all is....

any suggestions??? lol
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

..... well the problem is fixed, it is a configuration error through the management console, the router was not setup as a satellite, therefore it did not see the switch. So I setup the satellite and gave it a ip scheme and synchronized everything together and waited a day and sure enough it was ready to go.

incase anyone cared...............
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users