Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista just wont start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 efernandez

efernandez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

i turn on my computer after it says that it needs to update. i always postpone it but this time when i restart my computer it has been for 4 hrs straight "Configuring updates 0%"!!!! i am very frustrated and would like to know if there is anyway i can go around it and login so i can with my newfound knowledge turn auto update off!!! pleaze help thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

This is common if Windows isn't activated or is pirated. This can also occur from Antivirus protection being to strict or incorrect settings in internet explorer.

Therefore, is Windows legitimate and Activated? Have you made changes to Internet explorer? Had any other problems recently?

#3 efernandez

efernandez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

no it came with the laptop i brought and i haad just downloaded the new google chrome browser however for some reason i was able to get out of the updating process so tyvm neways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users