Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sent Items folder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Uno-Hoo!

Uno-Hoo!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Is there any way to stop Newsgroup postings from being stored in the 'Sent Items' folder? I do want to keep sent e-mails, I do not want to keep sent newsgroup postings, but the 'Sent Items' folder is full of the latter, and every week or so I have to spend a good few minutes carefully deleting all these postings from this folder. A real nuisance!

Ret.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Most likely you cannot exclude certain items from your sent folder.
It's either save all sent mail or configure your email to NOT save mail to the sent folder.

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Maybe these will help:

Rules For Sent Items

Reply to Newsgroup (scroll down to create filter)

Edited by hillbillygreek, 22 November 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#4 Uno-Hoo!

Uno-Hoo!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

I thought you may have come up with the answer here but the message rules for Windows Mail do not appear to be the same as for OE. I cannot, for example, create a rule as suggested such as "Where the 'To' line contains @". There are only a few specific rules that you can set - and that isn't one of them!
I'll keep looking for an answer!

Kev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users