Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optiarc AD-5530A Firmware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

Having issues reading certain DVD-ROM discs in the drive. It's fine with some but refuses to see others. A quick search on google suggests that there is a more up to date firmware available for the drive (Currently Firmware version AX23), but I've not been able to locate it. This model appears to be an OEM version, but the laptop manufacturer does not appear to exist (E-systems) :-/

Any and all assistance welcome :thumbsup:
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

It appears that Esystems is a brand promoted by PC World magazine.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...28061308AAMb5cm

Louis

#3 tswsl1989

tswsl1989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

hmmmm......suprised I didn't manage to find that one. Still hasn't let me find the firmware upgrade though grrrrrr

The drive is an OEM Optiarc AD-5300A on firmware version AX23
What little I did find on the net suggests that a version AX24 was released, but I can't find it. :thumbsup:
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#4 tswsl1989

tswsl1989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

Update

The DVD that started this search for firmware has now decided it works, after umpteen attempts earlier in the day
Perhaps the fact that I'd started searching for external DVD drives on Dabs made the drive reconsider it's position :D

Thanks for the link anyway hamluis
Tom

Tswsl1989

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

LOL, easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users