Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrisgritz

chrisgritz

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

Im confused, when im trying to delete something, it takes for ever, like dragging a file thats 400 mb to the recycle bin, it takes 4 ever to get put in the recycle bin while on my other comp it was instant, this doesnt happen all the time though but most of the time it does, like i need to have a fresh restart in order to delete stuff quick, why is this? why does it take 4 ever sometimes? is it because of ram? or the rpm on the HD? i only have 1 gb of ram, not sure what the rpm is but i just want to know what actually completes the process of deleting things when getting dragged into the recycle bin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

There are several things that effect the speed in which a file is sent to the recycle bin, the number of applications that you have running at the time, the type of applications that are running, the amount of RAM, and the size of the file. Some applications require enough of your resources that it can impact the speed of other application being run at the same time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users