Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Stress'/overload those malware b*rstards!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TesterAgainstMalware

TesterAgainstMalware

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Hi all,

My first post to introduce myself. Searching Google to get rid of the malicious "powerfulvirusremover2008" junk malware brought me here. Glad to find this site. There are certain load/stress tools available to overload certain websites - my suggestion is to try it out on: powerfulvirusremover2008.com!
Or can we sue them instead?

TesterAgainstMalware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Welcome to BC. Hopefully we can help you fox your problem, because you sound very frustrated. It's a bad idea to try and strike back though. You never really know who is going to get caught in the crossfire, and you certainly do not want to face charges of for malicious attacks on someone's website. (it's always the one that hits back that gets caught.) Lawsuits do not do any good either. They are likely offshore. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users