Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spontaneous minimize/maximize/close in Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nkfro

nkfro

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

This computer (Toshiba Sattelite A215-s7437) runs Vista Home Premium SP1 with IE7 as the browser. I can be surfing the Internet, composing a letter, playing a game of Freecell - even defrging the HDD and the screen can and will randomly minimize/maximize/close without any input action from me. It happened as I was writing this post the first time - window closed and the entire post was lost. The touchpad sensitivity has been reduced through Synaptics Palm Check. Pad tapping has been disabled. The heels of my hands rest clear of any keys to avoid these problems.

I am wide open to suggestions or solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

Has your antivirus found anything when you scan?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 nkfro

nkfro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Has your antivirus found anything when you scan?

Nothing found using Avira free version on board, Housecall online or Panda online scans.

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

I agree with Jacee's thoughts here, but you may want to download and run RootKit Revealer and Process Explorer. Rootkit revealer will help determine if you have any low level trojans/worm that act as the operating system. Process Explorer can provide hints of services or process that are running with a mind of their own.

These can be downloaded from Microsoft, just run a search for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users