Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Dimension 2350 Ram upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 machsp33d

machsp33d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 2350. From the factory it has two PC2100 184 pin slots which are capable of 1GB ram total. Only one slot is being used with a 256MB PC2100. I'm looking to get the maximum of 2x512. My question is Crucial recommends the PC2700. Will the PC2700 work just as well as the Factory PC2100 even with the higher MHz and no BIOS problems? Sorry if this may sound weird but I'm not all up on these computer terms. I've been just reading here and there for the past couple hours lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Shouldn't have any issues. They are backward compatible.
Are you going to install the memory yourself? If so, please ensure that you follow the instructions for installation, and ensure that you are properly grounded. Static discharge can damage memory. With that in mind, memory upgrades are fairly easy to do. If you need help, you could always post here for assistance.

Good-luck.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users