Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook 2007 annoyance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I am running a legit copy of office 07 and seem to be experiencing a bleep of an issue when using field chooser. I am malware free and virus free and my system runs good. What happens is, when right clicking a field in a task pane, I am presented with the context menu where I select "Field Chooser". All is well. The second I drag a current field in the task pane, it goes black background, since it is selected but then, my entire system freezes. no ctrl-alt-delete response, no mouse movement response, no hdd activity, no repsonse when start +m are pressed to go to desktop. absolutely nothing but a total freeze. no error messages appear either or blue screen errors. The only way to get out of it is to hold down the power button and hard boot it. ouch. I have 2GB of memory installed bought from crucial.

any ideas?

many thanks.
Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

Supposedly any freezes related to Outlook 07 have been caused by installing sp1 for Outlook. Cant guarantee that this would work, but if you want to try see either:

>> Lifehacker Outlook Tip

>> Defrost Microsoft Outlook

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

HillBillyGreek,

THANKS for your insight. No doubt it was caused by an auto-update of SP1. Remember how many apps XP SP1 disrupted? It is not a problem that I'd want to tear into where there is risk that it might get more messy and cause other probs. It just struck me as odd how it could freeze the entire system instantly. I might just have to live with it. I was curious to see what thoughts I'd get and if anyone else had experienced the problem.
Darren

Edited by Darren De Wilde, 21 November 2008 - 10:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users