Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop-ups with a mind of their own

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 art_s

art_s

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

I have followed the guidelines for cleaning up my laptop posted in the intro page... nothing has touched this new but recurring problem. Not sure what else to do short of reinstalling XP. Have even removed HD and scanned (Kaspersky) as external drive with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As well as a vote to make malware distribution a capital offense.

Thanks,
Art

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:15 AM

Hello art s,

I will be assisting you with your malware issues.
  • Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
----------------------------------------------
I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

Thank you for your patience.
----------------------------------------------
I want you to rename HijackThis before posting back a new report.

RENAME HIJACKTHIS

There is some infection hiding in your log.

Using Windows Explore by right-clicking the Start button and left clicking Explore navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

Right-click on HijackThis.exe & select Rename to scanner.exe and post back a new Hijackthis log.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#3 art_s

art_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

chryssi,
TU - I'll follow your instructions ASAP and resubmit. Thanks for the offer to help.

Art

#4 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

You are welcome, i'll wait for your report. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#5 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed.
If you still need help, begin a new topic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users