Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bind9 / DNS Server for Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

ok i've got it al set up... i have decided to go with the xampp option (this allows me to use mysql, apache and an ftp server), for it's simplicity... trouble i've got is bind9, i can get to the website internally but not externally, i don't have a Name Server registered, how would i do this? Do i need to do this? since there was an option for windows with xampp, i have gone to windows XP pro. I think i have to edit the allow list... this is the contents of my named.conf file :

options {
directory "c:\named\zones";
allow-transfer { none; };
recursion yes;
allow-recursion { 192.168.1.0/24; };
};

zone "ThisIsMyDomainName.com" IN {
type master;
file "db.ThisIsMyDomainName.com.txt";
allow-transfer { none; };
};

key "rndc-key" {
algorithm hmac-md5;
secret "ObviouslyASecret";
zone "." IN {
type hint;
file "db.root.hint.txt";
};

Cheers,

Brad

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users