Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista telling me i'm not an admin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryzies

ryzies

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

i have checked my user settings 5 times, there's no users on this computer but me, but it says i'm not an admin...it came up when i was running a spybot search..

Posted Image

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

This is an easy one.

Find the executable to Spybot Search and Destroy, right click, and chooes Run As Administrator. The Admin account on Vista is similar to Linux. You are an administrator,
but to prevent virii, trojans and worms from running rampant, you have to explicitly tell the program how to run.

Good Luck

#3 ryzies

ryzies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

ty very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users