Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network share/print problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 berg128

berg128

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

All,

Getting puzzled by this problem. In an existing network one pc has no problem but the other one has been infected with several viruses but they appear to be removed with malware bytes, sdfix, combofix etc.

Pc logs on to domain and gets the correct drive mapping and folders and files are visible, accessable and writable.
Printers can not be connected to.
E.g. F-drive is connected to \\server\data.
Accessing server via \\server gives an empty screen.
Creating a mapping to K-drive with \\server\data succesfull and functional.
Writing to same \\server\data fails!!
Internet works fine.
Connecting from network to PC with \\pc\c$ OK.
DNS OK
WINS OK
Netbios OK
TCP/IP OK (netsh int ip reset)
File and Printer sharing removed and re´nstalled
No connection to SQL server
No connection to Netlogon
Login script is executed
Removed policies from registry. Gpupdate /force nothing. Restart no new policies loaded.

This is my second system with these problems, gave up on the first one (reinstalled) , but won't give up on this one until I know what this is.
For every suggestion I will try to edit this original post with results if I think they are useful.
Don't need basic networking instructions, been in this (IT) business too long.
But I'm as human as everyone and may have overseen something.

Come on Guys and Dolls, help me out here please!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.

Are you able to fully update malawarebytes reboot and run malawarebytes program and post the report for checking?

It is possible that your running the ComboFix unsupervised has indeed had an adverse effect on the computer and , as you were not under the guidance of a Malaware Expert,it may well have been the wrong tool to run :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users