Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Devious DeviantART

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bachiatari

Bachiatari

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

I have Windows XP SP3 and all the latest versions of the aforementioned browsers.

Since November 16th, whenever I have tried to access deviantART, it takes an hour to load at least, then looks like this: http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo101/P...nt=weirddA1.jpg and I cannot access any of my messages or any other content of any sort. I spoke with a person from their Help Desk, but they insist the problem is with my computer and not their site/server.

Now, the problem is, nothing drastic has changed with my computer for the past three months. I had AdBlockPlus installed and deviantART worked fine, I had SpywareBlaster and SpyBot and AdAware updated, and it worked fine. I had Windows Updates, and it still worked fine.

I have tried clearing my caches numerous times; I've cleared browsing history, and cookies, even. (Should I try clearing passwords, too?) Nothing's worked. I've tried tampering with both MacAfee and Windows Firewall settings. Nothing's worked. I tried releasing/renewing my IP address, which I thought for sure would work, since when I attempted to use a proxy to access the site once, it essentially worked, but even that didn't work.

I am at my wits end, here, and I feel like it has to be a problem on their end because nothing drastic has changed on mine.

System Restore is not an option for me, sorry. So outside of that, can anyone tell me what they think the problem is and how to fix it? Please please please. Thank you very much.

Edit: Quick update. Apparently it's got something to do with the CSS not loading, a devART IT guy I spoke with on Facebook told me that. In addition, this same sort of thing is happening when I try to access TV.com. Another thing I have tried is "ipconfig /flushdns". It didn't do anything, either.

Edited by Bachiatari, 20 November 2008 - 10:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Double check this just in case:

Go to View > Page Style & make sure Basic Page Style is selected.

#3 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:42 AM

Nope, it's definitely set to 'Basic'. But thanks anyway. ^_^;

#4 kyuzoaoi

kyuzoaoi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:17 AM

I had the same problem and none of the ideas worked. Was it because of the ISP? It may be the CSS as well.

#5 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Well, since my original posting, I've changed networks, and dA works fine so I guess it was the ISP after all. ^^; I hope the problem resolves itself for you soon, if it hasn't already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users