Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has my email address been hijacked?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stevio

Stevio

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

Greetings all

I use Thunderbird for my work email - my employer and therefore email server is based in Australia (I'm in the UK) and it all works fine.
However several times in the past few weeks I've had email bounces listing a stack of addresses I didn't send emails to. All points to spoofing
but the strange thing is that the subject line does match an email I DID send out shortly before...

Have run AVG and Kaspersky and no viruses found on my laptop at all. Could it be something at the server end??

I'm at a loss to know what's going on :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

When dealing with work - related emails, your best course of action would be to notify your employer about what is happening. They would then investigate on their end & see if anything is amiss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users