Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem installing scanner software on Windows Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StewieG23

StewieG23

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:37 AM

At work we have a Canon Laser imageCLASS MF4140 scanner/fax/printer which was on an XP computer. I now have it connected to a computer with Server 2003. The printer works fine with that compuer and the others that are networked to it, but I can't get the scanner installed. I had an error when I installed the printer, but managed to work around it.

Is there any way to get this installed?? The scanner is really needed at work, so is there any way to get it installed?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

You are using the appropriate drivers?

What error messages?

What system is it now connected to?

Louis