Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first build wont turn on at all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tailatl

tailatl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

apevia x-cruiser with 500w psu which im using
CPU: E5200
2gb gingle ram
Optical Drive: Samsung 20x DVD-RW SATA
MSI G31M3-F
100gb wd ide
ok so history. i first put this together and the psu started to smoke O_O so i took it back and they put another psu in the case. now ive rebuilt and i plug it in and no sign of life at all.... is it possible the psu smoking and blowing up destroyed the life in the mobo?
ive recheked every single plug, wire etc all in place except for the leds in the case which i plan to do later
am i gonna have to go back and get a new mobo?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

A failing PSU, especially a smoking one, can certainly damage internal components. It's possible that some of the internal components were effected, you should test each one individually to see which ones survived undamaged.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users