Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Suggestions Wanted!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NeoAbel

NeoAbel

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

I think I fried my board and wanted suggestions on a new board. Here's what I am looking for.

-LGA 775 socket that can support my core 2 quad 6600
-Preferably Dual PCI express x16 for SLI
-I'd like to overclock, so the higher the FSB, the better
-Only need one Parralel connector, but need multiple SATA's
-Prefer not to have integrated graphics

Other than that I'm not too picky. I'm replacing an XFX 680i SLI, which in terms of features was a near perfect fit of what I was looking for. Problem is, I got the board at a grand re-opening at CompUSA for 99$, and don't want to spend the 2-300 it retails for now. The more expansion ports and features the better. I am looking to get out with the highest quality board I can get. Definitely under $200, and if I can get away for even cheaper that would be ideal.

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
4Gb DDR2-800 Corsair
500 Gb SATA Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
PNY XLR8 Nvidia 8800GT 512Mb DDR3
700W Rocketfish PSU
XFX 680i SLI Board w/ Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
Nvidia 8800GT 512Mb DDR3
4Gb DDR2 Memory & 500Gb 7200RPM SATA HD
Rocketfish 700W Power Supply
Windows XP Pro (LastXP)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

There are a number of choices for you. These are some of the better rated ones within your price range.

ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard <This model does not support SLI, but you only have one card for now anyway.
EVGA 122-YW-E173-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI <For some reason, it does not come with an SLI bridge, contacting EVGA will get you one.
EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX

Edited by DJBPace07, 19 November 2008 - 10:43 PM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users