Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nuvasoo

nuvasoo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

hi,
i believe i have an issue with either my mouse or keyboard. possibly both. i have a five year old dell inspiron 600m, that i just received from a family member about two months ago for use while im in college. it was just fine for about three weeks. out of no where it started freaking. first it would make a sound like someone was holding a key down for about ten second off and on and the mouse wouldnt work. then it started switching really fast between screens and if i touch mouse while it does this it will either turn the pages i am currently in off, move them completely off center, or it will start muting the sound (off on off on) dimming the screen up and down, turning the internet off and on. only when i touch the mouse. almost like it changes what the purpose of the mouse is. it does this when the computer is on for a while. i tried cleaning the keyboard, i know the house this computer came from has two or three cats and a dog, but the keys are near impossible to remove to clean it well. my husband is a computer technican for the government so when we got it he cleaned it up so it ran better, but this is an issue he doesnt really have time for and is kinda leaving it up to me. yeah. he thinks keys are sticking but if ya'll have an idea i would really appreciate a push in the right direction, it doesnt really feel like the keys are sticking. and sometimes when the 'noise' starts and a window is open its like every key is being pushed at the same time. you can physically see it being typed in the address bar. if you need anymore info just let me know! thank you. -laura j

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

Check to see whether "sticky keys" has somehow been activated. You will find it in Start->Accessories-> Ease of access (for Vista). It is something similar for XP but I can't remember what it's called exactly.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#3 nuvasoo

nuvasoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

i had to look that one up. on xp its start>settings>control panel>accessibility options but unfortunately the sticky keys were already disabled. i never even thought to look in the first place, but i do appreciate the suggestion. so if you have any more ideas....i need as many as i can get! my husband just walked in and said well duh its a hardware problem and wont say anything else about it. i tried cleaning the keyboard and like i said its a five year old dell. the keys are near impossible to get back on once you get them off. so if anyone can maybe give me an idea of how to clean it without removing the keys that would be great....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users