Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers don't connect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drfio

drfio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

I have 4 computers on my home wireless network (Verizon) and everything was working fine until now. My desktop computer (WindowsXP Pro) now does not
connect with any of my browsers (AOL, Netscape, Firefox, Flock, IE) although the taskbar shows that I have an excellent or very good wireless connection. I get a
"cannot find server" or "cannot connect to the internet" type of message. The other computers in the network (an iMac with MacOSX, and a desktop and laptop
with WindowsXP Home) still connect well. I did try a System Restore on the ineffective desktop and it was able to connect again the night I did the restore but the next day it reverted back to not being able to connect. I tried to do another System Restore but now I get a blank box when I try to use it instead of the
restore dates but that's a problem for another forum. Anyway, all 4 computers were functioning fine until a week ago but now my main desktop won't connect although it seems to do all the offline work just fine.

I did have security software installed on the desktop (McAfee Internet Suite) but a computer techie said I might have a virus and recommended Kaspersky as 1 of the best so I purchased Kaspersky Internet Suite 9. However that software requires internet activation, so it's no good to me until I can connect again.

So, whoever can help me with this problem, I offer you my firstborn son. I hope I have given enough details on my problem that someone can come up with a solution, and I thank you in advance for your help and time.

drfio (Bob Fiorindo at drfior@aol.com)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

Install the software given with ISP stuff.

Then put your info in, click apply, done, finsh.

PROFIT

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

How long have you been using your current ISP (Verizon)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users