Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows media Player 11 on Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mgstrwbrry77

mgstrwbrry77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

I use media player 11 to sync music from my computer to my mp3 player. It was working fine , but a few days ago i pressed tohe button to start the sync and it showed that media player was not responding. This has happened every time since then, and has resulted in me not being able to add music to my player. Please help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NeoAbel

NeoAbel

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

Quick fix - switch your media player.
If you want a program that is great for managing a music library you should try Songbird. It's similar to an open source Itunes, with a wide range of extensions like Firefox. It comes with add-ons for syncing Ipods. I believe extensions exist for the Zune as well.

Other fix -
Easiest way is probably just to uninstall WMP then do a reinstall. It's a fairly quick process, and it won't delete your media files. Once it's reinstalled just sync the folder back in.
XFX 680i SLI Board w/ Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
Nvidia 8800GT 512Mb DDR3
4Gb DDR2 Memory & 500Gb 7200RPM SATA HD
Rocketfish 700W Power Supply
Windows XP Pro (LastXP)

#3 mgstrwbrry77

mgstrwbrry77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

I'd rather not install another media program....Can't uninstall WMP, do you mean do a rollback to version 10 and then install 11 again?

#4 NeoAbel

NeoAbel

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yeah you can actually go into add/remove windows components and delete it, and then find it again on download.com, but that's not exactly a good solution. It's been a while since I used WMP. I recommend the programs I mentioned highly, but as far as troubleshooting windows media player - one of these other guys on the forums can probably help you better than I can.
XFX 680i SLI Board w/ Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
Nvidia 8800GT 512Mb DDR3
4Gb DDR2 Memory & 500Gb 7200RPM SATA HD
Rocketfish 700W Power Supply
Windows XP Pro (LastXP)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users