Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real Time Protection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeRo9k

NeRo9k

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

Which is the best - Paid or not? I currently use AVG 8.0 as anti virus, Sygate as my firewall, and for Spyware: Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes. I'm looking for good real time protection and I wouldn't mind paying as long as it's something that works great. I've heard Spyware terminator has decent RTP, SAS, and malwarebytes. Suggestions? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:53 AM

There are many good paid alternatives out there, however I prefer the freeware option as they do the job just as well.

Free
Avira
Comodo

Paid
Avira/NOD32
Comodo
Malwarebytes
Regards,

Alan.

#3 NeRo9k

NeRo9k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

So would having Malwarebytes (paid real time protection) conflict with my AVG. I like AVG, and I've used it for years for anti virus; but, since the new version comes with anti-spyware I wouldn't want there to be issues. My setup would then be: Sygate as firewall, AVG for anti virus, and malwarebytes for real time protection, and as extra layer - Of course along with all of my other scanners.

I've been using spyware terminator since my last post and it seems decent; but, it seems to ask a lot of permission, and alert me of quite a bit. Which, I guess isn't a bad thing.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

There shouldn't be any conflicts. Trial and error will be required to assess any conflicts.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users