Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix keeps staying at Stage 33... for hours

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr Chan

Mr Chan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

Good day everybody and thanks for reading this topic.

I have a bug on my PC at work that is redirecting any links from a google search page (IE and firefox browsers) to some related topic ads (and unrelated too), often using a go.google start string, it also shows broken links for tons of searches and it won't allow ANY anti malware/spyware program to update or to visit the antiware sites.
ie. malwarebytes can't update, I did a scan (in safe mode) and it didn't catch it. When I attempt updating it states it can't connect to the internet. I made sure there was no firewall interfearance.

I'm already trying for days now to remove the mal-/spyware, virus. This afternoon, I've download Combofix.exe on my desktop, renamed it to worrier.exe and start this program. After getting the update and installing the Recovery Console, the program began to scan my computer. Just 10 minutes later, "Completed Stage_32" shows on my screen as the last line. After more than 1 hour, I decide to reset the computer because nothings happend.
When I restarted the computer again, I could only start my computer in Recovery Console mode. Then, I decided to start the program again. After 10 minutes, "Completed Stage_32" shows on my screen again. This time, I decide to wait longer..... after 3 hours, I left the office and pray it will be done by tommorrow morning which I don't think so. One thing: I did hear the Hard Disk running (reading/writing) every 30 seconds....

Can any expert help me solve this terrible problem? I could't work for days now ;-(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Chan

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 November 2008 - 10:48 PM.
Move to Am I Infected forum from HiJack This forum as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

welcom to this forum :thumbsup:

ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.

I have a bug on my PC at work

is this your OWN computer or a Works computer ?

Are you currently able to connect to the internet on it and if so is it on a Network or is it stand -alone??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users