Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

complete protection softwares

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dinesh4260

dinesh4260

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

hi guys,iam dinesh .iam using a compaq pressario computer.

i want know that how to install spybot s&d easily.and comodo firewall(without antivirus because iam using kaspersky antivirusso,no internet security).

and i want to know that do i need to install all my sytem drivers(motherboard.....display drivers) before installing all protections to my pc.and tell me any other protection that i can do.

one more thing that i use to format my hard disk frequently.so my hard disk failed to work so i replaced it.why it happened is that due to formatting.
HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

hi guys ,

iam using p4 compaq pressarrio. 160GB satahdd, 1 GB ram and i currently have comodo internet security(firewall+antivirus),spybot s&d,superantispyware free edition.

And only comodo and spybot s&d (sd,teatimer) are running at background.and i use super antispyware only when i want scan for viruses.

i want to know that is avast is better than comodo antivirus.and iwant also install malwarebytes antimalware in my pc,is that worthy having enough protection.

and do spybot sd,teatimer need to be turned on forever,because firewall is already running then whats the need of spybot.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

You have installed?
Comodo AV & firewall
Kaspersky Av
Spybot +Teatimer
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
Is your Operating system XP or something else?
p4 compaq pressarrio. 160GB satahdd, 1 GB ram
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

hi boopme,thanks for repliying me :thumbsup:

i think you had mistaken,i had only installed comodo internet security,super anti spy ware and spybot s&d on my computer.

and iam using windows xp pro.

i just want to ask you that

*Is avast is better than comodo antivirus .

* Can i install malwarebytes anti malware or it is just a waste of memory because iam having super anti spyware.

* i use super anti spyware only when i want to scan.do i have to turn on it for whole day for complete protection.

#5 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

hi boopme....are you there :thumbsup:

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

I feel Avast is better right now/
Makwarebytes is as good as SAS I use both.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

hi boopme , :thumbsup:

i want to know that did you want me to run both SAS and malwarebytes at the background or use when it when you want scan.whether it will slow down my ram memory.

and tell me can i be able to install comodo firewall from comodo internet security setup that i had downloaded.then how...

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

I would use one or the other as full time,(only full time on Paid version). The other as on demand and remember to update prior to the scan.
I see they no longer separate the firewall from security package. But it is still separate here at Download.com

#9 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

hi boopme,

thanks for your help. now iam having AVAST antivirus,COMODO firewall,SPYBOT S&D,MALWAREBYTES running.what you think about this do iam completely protected.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Thats a good setup.
Please also read the pointers set out by quietman7 in post #9 here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry933082

#11 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

hi boopme ,thanks for your help :trumpet: :inlove: :) its really great,i think my computer is safe now ,and thanks also for that posts of quiteman7 :thumbsup: :flowers:

Edited by dinesh4260, 29 November 2008 - 01:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users