Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do not buy from Valuedlaptop.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 chagousa

chagousa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

Valuedlaptop.com offers to sell you very cheap computers, visit their site for details, but do not buy from them...I repeat, do not buy from them...it is all a scam....

Personal story:

I'm telling you from personal experience...
I bought two laptops from them (one order of $200),
and after 30 days I contacted them because I needed status on my order (this is the time that they say that they usually ship your orders...within 30 days)...to make you the story short, they kept telling me that my order was going to ship soon....making me wait week after week...so I decided to cancel...I requested my money back, and they said that I will have to wait because their paypal account was empty right now, they needed a couple of days to fund their account and send me the money....which is b u ll , since all you have to do is return the money by sending it to my paypal account....what they told me is that they don't have any money right now??? that they are broke??? that is b u ll ...they just wanted to buy time so my chances of disputing the account with paypal would ran out....so I created a dispute in paypal, note that you only have 45 days to dispute a transaction in paypal...I'm almost in my day 40....so I was luckily on time....let's see what happens next...but all my attempts on getting my money back have resulted in them asking me for more time...which I dont
have according to paypal.
I'm going to wait until Dec 9, that is when my dispute with paypal will close...at that point, I can bring the issue to the paypal "supreme court"...that is when Paypal decides what to do with the dispute....
I'm not expecting my money back, they will probably create something with paypal so they dont have to pay...which sucks, since I never received any goods from anyone, and got scammed for 200 bucks....

Can anyone tell me if I can do something about this, in case I don't get my money back from them or paypal?....it would really suck to lose 200 and not be able to do anything about it.

please comment...

{Mod Edit removed Profanity Per Board rules~~boopme}
Board Rules.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

Edited by boopme, 19 November 2008 - 02:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

Well you could possibly sue if you are located in the same country as the company is. I don't know if it would be cost effective for $200 though.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:01 AM

I would say, have a little faith in the Paypal dispute system.

I once filed a Paypal dispute, and the Paypal folks did not fool around with the other party and I got my money back.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

I agree with JohnWho here. If one has provided the evidence, PayPal will rebate. I've had a similar poor sale and was rebated.
[I no longer deal with any that uses such however - BeAware?]
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 laptopvalued

laptopvalued

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

By The Way, Poster please provide some kind of info so we know who you are so we can paste the full refund with date refund was made with transaction number attached. put up or shut up !!!!!

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

reveals that BleepingComputer.com is not the only site out there with users who have this concern.

Also a quick search on BBB shows that the site is not listed.

Edited by yano, 26 November 2008 - 12:10 AM.

#7 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:38 AM

It would seem that a Problem was not resolved quickly, laptopvalued?

Coming on here with what you have said has just compounded that Problem, Mate.

Businesses need to have a Cash Flow to compensate for what has happened, end of Story.

Best of Luck for you in the Future, you will need it, Mate!

:thumbsup:

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,895 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

They have/had another site selling brand new IPods for one third of what everyone else is selling them for. Don't want to post the link so here is a clue---cheapmusik

Can you say "Nigeria"?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

They have a Simple Problem.

Nice Businesses never have to follow disgruntled Customers around the Net to try to show where the Customer was Wrong! That is the wrong way of Business.

May God Help that Business now.

#10 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

To us BC Posters, it is like a Red Flag at a Bull?

Sorry if I sorta freaked out?

The Nice People copped the Reverse of Spam with this? BC, just reacted in their own way?

As we do nicely to Invaders of here!

Edited by Abacus 7, 26 November 2008 - 09:27 AM.

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

One has to wonder what to expect, 2 laptops at $200?
Next thing we'll see is Billy Mayes selling them on TV
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:12 PM

Topic has run it's course. It's closed now.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users