Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus2009 Infection - having trouble removing it completely

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garden_frog

garden_frog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hi, I'm having trouble with a virus infection on my computer. I believe it is Antivirus 2009 as well as some other malware/viruses that must have been packaged with it. It started off with a small pop up in my system tray...I knew to look for the pop up from AV2009, but I wasn't thinking it would be there, plus it looked like it had already come from an installed program. Anyhow, I clicked the x to close it and as soon as I did I realized my mistake and I closed the program it opened through the task manager, but it was too late..my computer shut down and rebooted on it's own and it's been a nightmare from there trying to get this stuff off my computer.

I've run Malwarebytes several times including once in safe mode as well as Adaware and my Antivirus program (BitDefender). I've also run hijack this and combo fix. I'm wondering if someone here could take a look at my combo fix log and my hijack this log (although I've analyzed it and it appears clean but maybe I missed something?). I'm hoping to get it completely cleared off before I reboot since everytime I reboot I seem to get reinfected. (As per the rules, I'll wait to post my logs until requested!)

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

I've also run hijack this and combo fix. I'm wondering if someone here could take a look at my combo fix log and my hijack this log (although I've analyzed it and it appears clean but maybe I missed something?).

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Further, ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the HijackThis forums and then only when requested by a HJT Team member.

Please post the results of your MBAM scan for review.

To retrieve the MBAM scan log information, launch MBAB.
Click the Logs Tab at the top.
mbam-log-2008-10-12(13-35-16).txt should show in the list. <- your dates will be different from this exampe
Click on the log name to highlight it.
Go to the bottom and click on Open.
The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
Go to Edit and choose Select all.
Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users