Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Ok, so this mic has worked for a while now. This has happened once before for like 5 minutes, and then cleared itself up. Now, what happens is, that when I use the mic, the only things it records is sound coming from the speakers. It does not record sound that is not coming from the speakers at all. It hasn't cleared up yet. When I use the voice test in the control panel, I get a weird, echoing sound that is pretty painful to the ears. Any idea what's wrong? The mic works ona different PC and it is plugged in correctly. I think the problem might be the sound card, which is a Realtek onboard one. It records sound from the speakers even if one isn't plugged in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

What operating system do you use?

#3 Beremat

Beremat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

I use XP. I found the problem. Under the voice recording control, there was this option to record "Stereo Mix". I disabled it (it was enabled) and now my mic works perfectly. There's a bit of static, but that is how it was before.

If anyone has this issue, be sure to check that out.

#4 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

I was going to suggest what you have just said but I'm glad to see that you fixed it.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for posting your solution, it will help our users in the future.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 jill8beans2

jill8beans2

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

That's funny. We hadn't been able to record since we got our new computer. I checked this, and it works.

Yes, thanks for the post.
Looking for the other side of my brain, have you seen it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users