Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntivirusXP2009 removed?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

I was recently hit with the AntivirusXP2009 malware, a nasty little bug. I gathered info on its removal through your site and and others, and believe I zapped it. Everything on my computer is running smooth, except for my McAfee. It would run, but the pictures were represented by the icons. I figured if I removed and reinstalled it would take care of the problem, but to no avail. I am unable to reinstall it, and am currently using my windows firewall and Avira antispyware protection.

My first question would be if I should just forgo installing McAfee and install something that is better?
My second question is would you be able to take a look at some logs and tell me if I'm clean of the malware?

I currently have the following programs installed on my computer, updated.....

Avira PE
Malwarebytes
Spybot SD
SuperAntiSpyware
CCleaner

MGtools
ComboFix
(executable files, not installed)

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.14 as my browser and my operating system is Windows XP Media Center Edition (version 2002) Service Pack 3.

The steps I originally took to purge the malware was as follows (all done in normal boot mode)....

(1) Had to use Avira Boot CD to delete some of the files to install other apps.

(2) Performed Complete Scan with SuperAntispyware with the unchecked options
* Scan only know file types
* Scan for tracking cookies
* Display scan option in Explorer context (right click) menu
Quarantine and deleted all of the items found

(3) Used Spybot S&D, updated, immunized, scanned, and fixed selected problems

(4) Used Malwarebytes, updated, performed quick scan, removed all found items

No scans at this point come up with any problem files.

If you require additional information please let me know. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

GlockNgtSgt,

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Also post the last malwarebytes log. If all 0's, see if you can post one that listed the infection.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith

#3 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

rigel,

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here is the SmitfraudFix log.....

SmitFraudFix v2.375

Scan done at 21:14:16.27, Tue 11/18/2008
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\FAVORI~1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» o4Patch
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

o4Patch
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» IEDFix

IEDFix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» VACFix

VACFix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» 404Fix

404Fix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"appinit_dlls"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» RK

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.75.194
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.64.146
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.72.130

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A054C27C-A71C-444B-81EE-0F33130906A9}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{A054C27C-A71C-444B-81EE-0F33130906A9}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{A054C27C-A71C-444B-81EE-0F33130906A9}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.75.194 68.87.64.146 68.87.72.130

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

Malwarebytes log (after running it for the first time after infection)......

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1306
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/17/2008 8:41:36 PM
mbam-log-2008-11-17 (20-41-36).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|)
Objects scanned: 143979
Time elapsed: 30 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 5
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 8

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GetPack (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\getpack24 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\prunnet (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Jnskdfmf9eldfd (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispAppearancePage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSShrsr.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSkkbi.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSlxwp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSoiqn.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSriqp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxfum.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSmqlt.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Edited by GlockNgtSgt, 18 November 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

The picture is clearer - Thank you.

You have a nasty rootkit that I suspect may still be active. We can try to clean it, but first the needed warning on rootkits.

IMPORTANT NOTE: One or more of the identified infections (tdss (Trojan.Agent))was related to a rootkit component. Rootkits and backdoor Trojan are very dangerous because they use advanced techniques (backdoors) as a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information which they send back to the hacker. Many rootkits can hook into the Windows 32-bit kernel, and patch several APIs to hide new registry keys and files they install. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans and rootkits as part of an exploit to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge.

If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

Although the rootkit was identified and removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the rootkit has been removed the computer is now secure. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. The malware may leave so many remnants behind that security tools cannot find them. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read:

• "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?"
• "Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?"
• "Where to draw the line? When to recommend a format and reinstall?"

Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy or that the removal will be successful.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. – Will Smith

#5 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

rigel,

thanks for the standard exclaimers. :thumbsup:

I will definately take your advice and do a reformat of the hard drive (plus changing passwords). I wasn't given software with the computer, so I'll have to do a little reading up on how to proceed.

**Edited** Found steps to proceed with "destructive recovery".

How do you suggest to transfer files that I need to save (pictures, pdfs, etc.)? I don't want to bring anything bad along for the ride.

Thank you.

Edited by GlockNgtSgt, 18 November 2008 - 10:53 PM.

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

TDSS usually doesn't bother documents or pictures. The problem is other malware comes along as it infects. I would suggest running one more Malware program and then moving your files to a flash drive.

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

Then move your data. After you have a fresh install, scan, scan, and rescan the items you have on that flash drive with Malwarebytes and your antivirus program. Be sure to have a firewall in place and an antivirus program running on your computer before you begin the rescan.

#7 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I just got off work.

I ran the SDFix program, and am posting the report. I might have had my Avira Antivirus program running in the background. I couldn't tell in safemode. I will run another scan in the meatime, making sure it is disabled. Let me know if you need me to post that as well.

Thank you.......

SDFix: Version 1.240
Run by HP_Administrator on Wed 11/19/2008 at 18:59

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\-20784~1 - Deleted
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ybytuwep.scr - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSORVD.dat - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-11-19 19:04:16
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqtra08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqste08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe:*:Enabled:hpofxm08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe:*:Enabled:hposfx08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe:*:Enabled:hposid01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe:*:Enabled:hpqscnvw.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe:*:Enabled:hpqkygrp.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpqcopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpfccopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe:*:Enabled:hpzwiz01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe:*:Enabled:hpqphunl.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe:*:Enabled:hpqdia.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe:*:Enabled:hpoews01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe:*:Enabled:Updates from HP"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe:*:Enabled:EasyShare"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe:*:Enabled:æTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe:*:Enabled:Bonjour"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe:*:Enabled:Kodak Software Updater"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%ProgramFiles%\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="%ProgramFiles%\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe:*:Enabled:Updates from HP"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Sat 10 Dec 2005 211 A.SHR --- "C:\BOOT.BAK"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 949,072 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\advcheck.dll"
Mon 15 Sep 2008 1,562,960 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll"
Mon 7 Jul 2008 1,429,840 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe"
Mon 7 Jul 2008 4,891,472 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
Tue 16 Sep 2008 1,833,296 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 962,896 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Tools.dll"
Sat 17 Dec 2005 4,348 ..SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.bak"

Finished!

Edited by GlockNgtSgt, 19 November 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

Ok... I would rerun malwarebytes and then save your files. You can then restore them after scaning the files you saved.

#9 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

rigel,

Your help was much appreciated. :thumbsup:

It feels like I'm killing a cockroach with a nuclear bomb, but I'll be glad to get rid of this nasty bugger.

Thanks again buddy!!!

#10 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

You are welcome...

You are right, but then you are 100% sure it is gone then. But, if you want to try, we can do the HJT forum thing. The team would be the best shot at a cleaning.

#11 GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

rigel,

I appreciate it, but don't worry about it. Wiping the slate clean is the best approach IMO, also. You all have your hands full with helping others that were in my position. I don't want to eat up any more of your time.

Hope I can return the favor someday.

Thanks again and be safe.

Edited by GlockNgtSgt, 19 November 2008 - 09:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users