Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steved3

steved3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

I have an older '03' HP and I guess it came with Norton Corp. edition Antivirus. My son got a new lap top and his aunt bought Norton Internet Security 2008 as well, I can install it on up to 3 computers. I tried to install 2008 and I got an error saying there is another version of Norton installed and would need to delete the older version. I went to Add/Remove software and highlighted the old Norton icon - but the Add/remove button did not show up like other software I have removed in the past. I tried double clicking, right clicking but nothing happens, how do I remove this older software ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum and added topic descriptor. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

If I remember correctly, you can open Norton Corp edition and tell it to Unload service. After doing so, restart your computer and you should be able to uninstall it just fine.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 18 November 2008 - 05:18 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 steved3

steved3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, great site- I will try it

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members